A residential care service for 6 young service users aged 17-25 with Autistic Spectrum Conditions who are on a pathway to supported living. The home specialises in providing support for younger people in transition from children’s services.
Home Size: 6-beds
Barclay Street has 6 spacious double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. There’s a large lounge, kitchen, quiet room, and conservatory / dining room leading out to a back garden with planting and seating. The home is in a peaceful residential area of Leicester with proximity to the local amenities on Narborough Road and a bus ride to the city centre and Fosse Park.
We are able to offer transitional care from residential schools, move from family home, or other services. The service is age-appropriate and focuses on younger people moving into adulthood.
Our service focuses on assisting the person to live as independently as possible. We achieve this by supporting people with:
- Working with the person to agree and plan individual support needs and ambitions
- To champion and support the individual to be actively involved in making decisions and choices about their life
- Provide comprehensive joint review on individual progress, support given using a validated outcome measure approach
- Each individual has a key worker whose role is to link with our wider team, carers and involved professionals to ensure that care and support remains consistent at all times
- We offer an active balance of life and leisure activities that promote daily living skills and engagement in wider community activities to increase presence and greater participation
- Meeting the Daily Living needs of the person including Personal Care; Dressing; Nutrition and Fluids, Healthy Eating & Preparation; Managing physical health; Managing mental health; Managing and understanding medication; House-keeping; Personal Safety; Mobility; Financial Management
"Managers and staff are extremely knowledgable about what people need to keep them safe and to increase their well-being."
Based in a residential area in central Leicester, it’s close to local shops and a short walk into the city centre.