At Chartwell Trust Care, we care about our local community. We are committed to being a responsible employer and operating in a socially caring way.
Corporate Social Responsibility is at the forefront of our everyday working practices.
We focus on our core values, namely:-
- Being compassionate for those we support in our community
- Taking pride in our work and for being environmentally sustainable
- Always respecting each other’s unique individuality and promoting diversity
Over the course of each year we undertake various events to raise money for charities.
We believe in offering opportunities to all in order to gain access to the health and care profession. We pay into the Government-backed Apprenticeship Scheme which enables those aged between 16 and 19 to gain valuable, paid work whilst they complete an NVQ in Health & Social Care.
Our environmental strategy recognises the impact our business has on the environment and we are committed to encouraging our staff and, wherever possible, our service users to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment.
The key practices we adopt in implementing this strategy include:
- Minimising waste in our day-to-day operations
- Using electronic care records to ensure we are ‘paperless’ where possible
- Recycling waste paper and cardboard
- Recycling toner and printer cartridges
- Sourcing and promoting product ranges that have a reduced environmental impact from both production and distribution
- Recycling fluorescent tubes
- Recycling PCs, hardware and cables
We are committed to promoting diversity. We have a robust diversity policy and all members of the company undertake annual Equality & Diversity training to ensure that our principles are understood and endorsed.
In order to maintain and ensure diversity:
- We recruit from the widest possible talent pool
We communicate and practice, internally and externally, the principles of the diversity policy that we have developed
We monitor diversity levels